Saturday 10 March 2018

To my unknown/future life partner


To my unknown/future life partner, 

I hope you and your parents are doing great! Wherever you are, whoever you are, hope things are good at your end.😊

Before I proceed to write more, I have a million-dollar question for
you – where were you all these days?? (Read: Years for society
people) More than me, the society, relatives, and neighbours, friends of friends, unknown people, and social network sites are craving for my update on “life event” status on my profile.

They say “marriages are made in heaven”, I don’t know if ours is
going to be “made on the matrimonial site”, “made in
office/malls/wedding reception of someone else’s wedding” I don’t know… I just hope you exist on this planet.
The day we meet is going to be like “How I met your mother” (an 
English TV series) because, I and my parents have tried to search you in all the ways, but dude you are playing a hide and seek game with me.

I mean, all the traditional Indian way to contact and share my 
Biodata across, states, relatives, distant relatives, flowing between the rivers reaching somewhere in Chikodi, Hubli, Dharwad, Gulbarga matrimonial agents, getting uploaded on Matrimonial websites, attached a document and sent through Emails, so many xerox copies of my Biodata, Uff… and the amount the agents charge for me to just see you and know you… A real business. Oh ya, and how can I not miss to consult an Astrologer at this stage. 
While some of them asked me to visit a temple, chant a sacred message for 21 times, fast on a particular day, some predicted I would get married at 31y/o, right now you have "Sadesati" going on in your horoscope etc., for me the sole purpose to visit an astrologer was to know what life has in store for me and a temporary hope. 


How I wonder that I am writing a letter to you and pouring my 
feelings out and you might be busy chilling with your girlfriend or 
trying to impress your crush! or you might be looking at the same 
dark night sky and adoring its beauty and wishing something just like I do. 😇
As I write this post, I have 70 days left for my XX.yrs of
Birthday. And as usual, people will say another year has gone by, when will you get married?

Unlike any Indian Parent, My parents are worried too about my marriage, for I have been convincing them “everyone has their own time zones, and he will be worth my wait” but you know parents are parents 😊
For at times, I do feel and ask myself “in which corner of the world are you sitting” God knows, in what way I am going to meet you, or who is going to introduce you to me, or do we know each other from before. I have no idea when or how will we meet, whether will have that instant spark of attraction at first meet, go on a few dates and then one of us proposes, or become friends, stay in denial of our feelings so that it might not ruin our friendship, and then finally fess it up? Whichever way it is, it will be our story. The story of how we fell in love. And thus, by default, it will be amazing.
I prefer to get married in a temple or do a court registered marriage. Offcourse with mutual agreement. 
I like to keep it short and simple with limited members only. 
I don't believe in the concept of inviting hundred's of people, like why inform the World we are getting married. Of which half will be unknown to us, some will be just a hi-bye types, some others will be there to gossip. Very few gems (genuine and closed ones) will stand by us, and only they will be invited for the wedding! 

We can always use this saved amount of money constructively either to build our house, explore new places or something worth it. 


Afraid! Aren’t you? Who is this girl, who wants to hold your hand? Whether I deserve you? What could be our future? Well frankly, I am totally anxious to know who that person in my life is and how things are going to work out between us. But will stand firm to make this happen. 

I'll never compare you with my brother or my father or my  
best friends. For, I know they are the hardest gems I have found and I don't even think if someone similar to them will exist. At the same time, I know your first Love will be your Mother and you should love her more than me. What I need is you too are not going to compare me with your Mother or your sister. 
I will respect your parents, nurture them, and try to meet their
expectations. 

They say a marriage is not just where a girl and boy get married but the families too. I will be a daughter to your parents and a sister to your siblings. Please be the 2nd son of my parents and an elder brother for my brother.

I have a few expectations. But those are minimal
I believe the foundation of a Relationship is Respect, Trust Understanding and Love. 
  • Respect should be mutual
  • An understanding between us. Don't worry, we will build it with time
I'm a homely person, I prefer spending time at home on weekends but I'm open to going out. I like traveling, exploring culture and food. 
 I rarely watch movies and a big
No to TV serials. 
I do like watching cricket and football matches. 
 Secondly, I love
to shop alone, all these days/ years I go alone to malls or grocery shops for
shopping. If you can’t accompany me
because of your busy work/or want to rest on the weekend, I 
am absolutely Okay.

Just because I am staying in Bangalore for my professional job doesn't mean I have adopted to the metro lifestyle, I very much value non-metro life as my native is Ankalgi in Gokak. I like village life more than buzzling metro city life. 

I love cooking and have experience of cooking to as many as 9 
people all alone. Beginning with starters, full meals to desserts. 
am trained to prepare chocolates and pastries at home. So I
will definitely tickle all your taste buds and you may have to 
really work hard to maintain your weight. 😉
I'm a vegetarian and I'm ok if you are a Veg/Eggeterian/Non-vegetarian. 
I love hosting family and friends for a get together at home so we will have a
great time together.
But on one or two days of every month I may not be in a
condition to cook, will have mood swings and will need rest, 
because of menstruation cycle (periods). Please try and
cooperate during those 2 days.

I am not the one to click pictures and upload on 
Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp status to tag you and say “you’re the best hubby in the world. Happy anniversary my love, so glad to have you in my life and blah blah blah … it’s a turn off for me. We can always show this affection personally. 

We could sit on the couch and discuss any random topics in this
world, from our own lives, or office lifestyles and corporate politics to anything. I will be a good listener, at any cost communication no matter how big or small, it should be shared.

I am not good at singing neither a Bathroom singer, will be good to 
sing only when I am in a group of singers.😁 So while playing truth or dare or during any of your family functions please don’t ask me to sing or dance, I feel shy to dance alone.☺  I am a travel enthusiast, hope you are too so that we go on long drives and explore places and cultures. I love playing table-tennis anytime. I am good at sketching and drawing.


Btw, I love giving surprises and I am good at it. So you’re going to be the lucky one at the receiving end…
I am a Dancer, Artist, Chef, broad-minded, extrovert moody and an over-thinker at times. I love doing social activities and keeping myself busy. I am Okay if you are workaholic (I love workaholic people) but you should value our quality family time and not mix up professional and personal life and the same applies to me.
All I need is your valuable time and your presence forever. I just want you to stay for our life, and fight for our relationship as a team together, as that's only what I'm willing to offer and bet my heart and love on now: togetherness forever.


Dear future husband, I would be your wife, your friend, the mother of our children. When your friends would leave you, I will be there, when your parents will wither away due to their old age, I will be there, when your siblings would be busy with their families, I will be there, when our children will leave us for living their new life, I will be there, and when you will be a bald, toothless, weak and shrunken man, even then I will be there with you. Please don't keep away the small or big secrets from me. I don't expect you to tell every single detail of your life, but please never hide the important stuff that may affect our lives in major ways. The same applies to me. 

Please continue working hard and achieve whatever you want to, 
my secret prayers are with you and my claps would be the loudest to motivate you. Same way, I have certain ambitions in my life, and I would want you to be there with me. 


Yours and only yours,
Future Life Partner


For all others who have asked or been asking when will I get married,
For one sure thing I know is,

God has not overlooked me.

He has something and someone in store for me.

Remember, HIS TIMING.



11 comments:

  1. Awesome gal..loved the way you wrote..����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super nicely written Ganga 👏 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are scaring your future hubby yaar, hehe, Just kidding... Very nice writeup n very well expressed. Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have known you for quite a some time now, and I can definitely say, you will be a good wife and daughter-in-law. The guy who marries you will be lucky to have you in his life. and I hope you be equally lucky to be in his life. You inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Ganga!! I wish you find him soon :) May things go well with you and may good fortune shine upon you...
    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. uff!! I am jealous, but certainly he is going to be lucky, no matter what you truly understand family and relationships! I have known you well! best of luck gal... loads of best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All smiles Ganges :) Proud to have you, waiting to see your prince :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mutual friend suggested to read this post and i relate every bit of it. Beautifully written, and heard a lot of your multi-talented activities that you do... it inspires to know someone like you! best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written! you deserve the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sailing though the same boat, feels good to read this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so thoughtful! true to all the part... couldnt agree more on keeping the wedding ceremony in sacred temples than the so called big fat indian wedding.

    ReplyDelete